Windows causing headaches from all the spyware, viruses, and other quirks that you have to deal with? There are alternatives to windows such as Linux and Mac.
What are the downsides to using these alternatives?
1. Windows programs do not work but there is usually an alternative to your windows program for Linux or Mac.
2. Some hardware may not function properly with Linux. However, tweaking the hardware may result in better performance.
3. Linux and Macs have a different layout of buttons and tools. It isn’t hard to learn all these new buttons, but will take time.
4. Macs are often more expensive than PCs.
5. Macs also get viruses just like Windows computers.
What are the upsides to using Linux or Mac?
1. Macs are easy to use.
2. You do not have to worry about viruses or spyware on Linux.
3. Linux is MUCH more secure overall then Windows and Mac
4. Most Linux distributions are free.
5. Older computers may perform faster with Linux due to the lack of extra unneeded features that Windows put in.
6. Most programs for Linux are free.